Subject: [Oberseminar] April 19th: Oberseminar Kryptographie/Computeralgebra TU Darmstadt
From: Oberseminar-Ankuendigungen <[email-masked]>
To: Oberseminar-Ankuendigungen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:18:56 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: Oberseminar: Cryptography and Computer Algebra, TU Darmstadt <oberseminar.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>

+++++ Oberseminar Kryptographie und Computeralgebra TU Darmstadt +++++

Next talk:

   Tuesday, April 19th 16.15-17.55
   S2/02-A102 (Piloty building)

   Kai Wirt
   /Fault attack on the DVB Common Scrambling Algorithm/

Abstract:

 The Common Scrambling Algorithm (CSA) is used to encrypt streams of video
data in the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) system. The algorithm uses a
combination of a stream and a block cipher, apparently for a larger
security margin. However these two algorithms share a common key. In this
talk I present a fault attack on the block cipher which can be launched
without regarding the stream cipher part. This attack allows to
reconstruct the common key and thus breaks the complete Algorithm.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Organizer:   Prof. Dr. J. Buchmann 
             Department of Computer Science
             Cryptography and Computer Algebra
             Darmstadt University of Technology

Location:    S2/02-A102 (Piloty building) Hochschulstrasse 10, Darmstadt
             (a map can be found at:
             www.tu-darmstadt.de/lageplaene/darmstadt/stadtmitte/s2.tud)

Time:        Tuesdays  16.15 - 17.15

Information: http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Lehre/SS05/Seminar/OS.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you want to unsubscribe from this mailing list please visit:
http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/mailman/listinfo/oberseminar

If you want to unsubscribe from this mailing list please visit:      
http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/mailman/listinfo/oberseminar

If you want to unsubscribe from this mailing list please visit:      
http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/mailman/listinfo/oberseminar